Thursday, October 19, 2006

it's my cup of tea now..

I’ve been racking my brain trying to write something – some light, witty or insightful little story about my life. Words haven’t come so easily to me lately as there are lots of things weighing heavily on my mind.

So, I’ve been living in a paradise island for almost 2 weeks now (exc
luded 10 days in Makassar). I live in an exotic 4-bedroom house just away from the beach. I can see the pristine blue beach and a white spark of wave, and black sand just by standing by my window. I can smell the salty air every time I take my breath.

Sounds like a dream everyone’s dreaming, huh?

The thing is, I’m alone. Far from my family. In my younger life, I always wanted to live in dormitory, you know like Enid Blyton’s Mallory Towers or St Clare. But living in dormitory (with lots of friends) is completely different from living alone in a house far far away from home. I couldn’t get descent sleep at first. I dismay the chicken running through my yard (I’m 200% sure they haven’t got the vaccine for AI!!), I got freaked out when someone suddenly turned off the light. I worried if the tokek living in the back of the cupboard would approach and touch me when I sleep…

Oh.. about the guy who turned off the light.. I found out later that he didn’t mean to frightened me or anything… he just want to have some fun by peeping out the lovers who often made out near the beach. And my backyard is just a perfect location to peep!

I don’t mean to sound like ungrateful person. NOOOOoooooo!! It’s just that.. I don’t really enjoy being here. Maybe not yet. Maybe it takes sometimes for me to adjust all this abrupt changes from my secured life to a fractured world! Haha….

Wish me luck…
(I badly need that, especially during the night before I close my eyes and I see the tokek shyly peeping from the cupboard!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fit, I really wish you luck there.
Jika dilihat keadaan gw sekarang, sama dengan lu bukannya gw nggak bersyukur, sungguh bersyukur sebetulnya karena kerjaan ini so far baik dan lancar saja, tapi gw tetap merasa perasaan nggak nyaman itu tetap ada, entah ini mungkin karena pertanyaan tak terjawab sampai sekarang, apa betul gw ingin ini?