Tuesday, January 04, 2005

maze books


It was already midnight. Cinderella stopped dancing and ran abruptly. She left her shoe on the stairs. The prince was stunned. He stood there with his confused-looking eyes.

What would Prince Charming do?

-------------> If the prince ran after Cinderella, go to page 53
-------------> If the prince took the shoe then weep, go to page 68.


Have you read a maze book? It’s the kinda book that gives you choices on what to do next at the end of each scene. One scene leads you to another choices, and one choice put you in a certain scene, and so forth. I read some when I was younger. I remember one of them called “Looking for Atlantis”. I don’t remember if I ever found the Atlantis on that book. I guess I quit before I finish going through all options.

Come to think of it, life is like a maze book. It’s full of choices (only we can’t just quit).
When your alarm beep in the morning, you have choices whether to get up or to reset your alarm 10 more minutes. If you decide to get up, you could choose to take a bath or make yourself a cup of coffee.
One choice leads you to another choices…
Example:
Waiter : Would you like a cup of coffee or tea, ma’am?
Guest : Coffee, please
Waiter : Do you prefer black coffee or white?
Guest : Black, please.
Waiter : Sweetened or Unsweetened?
Guest : Sweetened.
Waiter : One spoon or two spoons?
Guest : (sigh) Two please.
Waiter : Diet sugar or regular sugar?
Guest : GO FIGURE! NOW MY TURN.
WILL YOU SERVE MY COFFEE NOW OR NEVER???

Uhm.. well, you got my point… choices! We always face choices. So when someone say “I have no choice” , that sounds so hyperbolic, don’t you think?

So some people choose to give donation to whoever and whenever in needs, some others choose to give donation to certain community. Some people choose to declare their donation to public, some others prefer stay anonymous.
Let them be. No need to condemn or praise them.
The difference is that, they will face different scene and different options, later on.
Like in the maze book.

page 53
“Cinderella, wait! You left your shoe!”, Prince charming ran after Cinderella.
“Oo my prince! Thank you. My feet hurts and feels so cold. And it’s my precious Manolo Blahnik shoe!! You save my life, my dear Prince!!”, Cinderella exclaimed.
Hugged.
Kissed…
And they live happily ever after….

.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am afraid of making choices. any kind of choice. i know it seems stupid, but when i think that i could be on a different scene from the one i'm in now... and that i will never know what scene that would be... just because i made a choice, it scares me.
damn, i can't express myself without my medicine.

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://hxokaljv.com/hxoc/ieey.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://uypwtzlo.com/csff/ytca.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://hxokaljv.com/hxoc/ieey.html | http://ulkfpnda.com/qayt/ante.html