Friday, April 23, 2004

I sore all over! Everytime I move my body, it goes "kretekkk kretekkk". *sigh*
That was a remarkable night, unforgettable Kartini's day.
I left the office at 19.00 after a waste wait for the rain to stop.
I went to my friend's house behind RS Tarakan. I thought I could use some shelter from the rain before going home. But until 21.30 it hadn't stopped. Taxi couldn't be found. So I called my brother to pick me up.

I heard flood has visited some areas : Grogol, Tj Duren, Kebon Jeruk, ROxi etc. My brother must have been struggled to find a way to my place. So I walked.

I mean it when I said 'walked' a.k.a by foot. I walked down da street from at 22.30 from Petojo to Tomang. I didn't take off my 5cm- heeled shoes. They were soaked! Banjir, maaan! Jakarta on Kartini's day was soaked! It was raining cats and dogs. The storm caused trees and tiang listrik scattered all over the street.
The street was like a giant parking lot. No use of waiting public transport. No use of waiting my brother to pick me up. He must be stucked somewhere.
So... walked. With my five-centimeters-heeled shoes. Did I mention that?
ughhhhhh... I sore all over. Did I mention that?

No comments: