Wednesday, September 22, 2004

reverse psychology

“Gue gimana? Oke kan? Ga malu-maluin kan? Aduh, lagi bad hair day lagi!”

It’s fifty times she asked those similar tone questions. And I’ve poured her with one hundred sixty three times morale booster comments, like: You look awesome. You’re a knock-out. Perfecto. Irresistable. Yummy (okay, I know I was too much!).

“Aduh gw kayak bangun tidur ya? Mata gue sembab banget. Tengsin deh gue. ”

We were two blocks away from the meeting point, about five minutes away. After 35 minutes journey, one hour preparation and forty five minutes ‘should-I-go’ discussion session.

“Ah, gw ga pede niiy. Gue bakal malu-maluin diri sendiri aja.”

This is the time when I’m supposed to cheer her up, encourage her.
But man, couldn’t she get enough?

“Kita pulang aja yuk….”

WHATTT?? After all the morale booster I gave?
That’s it! She’s got to has it!

“You’re right. You look awful. We’d better go home”. I said, unexpectedly.

“What? You’re joking, right?”, she asked disbelievingly.

“ No, seriously. You can’t meet him like this. You’ll be a clown. Public laugh. He will despise you”

“ How could you say that? Why you didn’t tell me before?”, she exclaimed.
I gave her ‘there’s nothing else I could do about it’ look.

“ You said I look awesome. A Knock Out. Two Thumbs Up. Now suddenly you said that I’m ugly? That I’m not good enough for him? Is that what you mean?”, look irritated, she sat back on the driver seat.

I sighed. We’re in parking lot.

“Beside, who does he think he is? Prince of Denmark? Ho-ho! Even if he is, he can’t treat me like that! He might be beautiful, but I’m not that bad either.”, there she went, begun to come to her senses.

“I mean, look at me! I’m not bad at all! I could make all men turn their head twice at me! Just watch me.”

“Let’s go! It’s show time.”, she said, gave the last glance to the mirror. Look self-satisfied.

Well, well… whaddaya know?
reverse psychology always works!

No comments: